837 Human Rights
Note: The dates for accepting applications for 2018 must be postmarked between Jan 1, 2018 to March 31, 2018.
HUMAN RIGHTS COMMITTEE
- Graduating Seniors
- Must be a member of District 837 (active or retired) at time of Scholarship Application.
- High School Senior
- Grade Point Average of 2.5 or better
3. Selection Process
- Lottery Type Drawing to be done at the District Delegate Meeting
4. Selection Committee
- Committee to be appointed by the Human Rights Committee District 837
5. Presentation of Scholarship
Scholarship to be presented using one of the following methods:
- To be presented at the High School Graduation Ceremony or at it’s Awards Recognition Ceremony.
- At Local Lodge Meeting
- At Graduation Ceremony
- At High School’s Discretion
6. Who Presents the Scholarship
One of the following individuals should present the scholarship:
- President of District 837
- Human Rights Committee Chairman
- Scholarship Selection Committee Chairman
7. Other Pertinent Information or Criteria
- Application Acceptance: From January 1st, 2018 to March 31st, 2018.
- Drawing will be done at the District Delegate Meeting prior to the Monthly Union Meeting of April 2018.
- Notification of winner to be announced at the April Union Meeting.
- Must include Card Number and Clock Number.
Human Rights Committee
- One $500 Scholarship will be awarded for students planning on continuing education by attending a College, University, or a Technical College; possibly add one more if able to generate extra funds. The Scholarship will be paid in two installments, ($250.00 each), one at the beginning of the school year, and the second half after the first semester, with the student providing the Scholarship Committee Chairman with proof they are a full-time student, and maintaining a C+ or 2.5 GPA. This is a one year Scholarship.
- One Parent, Grandparent, Stepparent or legal guardian (Active or Retired) must be a member of District 837 of the I.A.M.A.W. with two years of continuous service. The application must include Card Number and Clock Number of the member.
- Applicants must be a high school senior at time of application. Applicants will furnish high school transcript with application, showing a minimum of a C+ or 2.5 GPA for grades 10, 11 and 12. All information must be included and complete. Failure to do so will disqualify your application.
- Applications must be received by the Scholarship Selection Committee Chairman of the District, postmarked between January 1st 2018 and March 31st, 2018 to be eligible. In order to ensure a fair process, NO EXTENSIONS will be granted. The deadline date is the U.S. Postal date stamp indicated above. Hand-ins or faxed submissions will not be accepted.
- Qualified applicants’ names will be placed in a container and a lottery type drawing will be held at the District Delegate Meeting prior to the April 2018 Union Meeting.
- Applications can be obtained from the District President, Vice-President, Scholarship Selection Committee Chairman, members of the Executive Board, or from the District 837 website: http://www.iam837.org
- Applications should be mailed to:
Aerospace District Lodge 837 I.A.M.A.W.
c/o Tim Randall – (Scholarship Selection Committee Chairman)
212 Utz Lane
Hazelwood, MO 63042